Except for the Anywize.net project, all these programs are made for my onw personal use, so it's probalby NOT suited for you:
They are manufactured for my needs and little effort had been made to ensure
the applications run on any given system. Most are still in beta (and probably always will) and there's no support whatsoever.
Execptions are some full scale programs like the Anywize.net suite and the Boulderdah
All applications are written in Delphi.
Anywize.net is a complete e-learning solution for schools and educational
It's a hybrid online/offline application
The offline part is a windows application build around the MS browser
It manages all the learning packages and results and handles the comminication
with the online sister-webappliaction.
More info on http://www.anywize.net
- A nice example off a hybrid onine-offline application with some clever
use of a custom browser control.
- Integrated ftp and http client for transparant communication and file
downloads (and uploads)
- Integrated packaging (zip files)
- Includes a webgrabber to copy webcontent or websites to the local
- On the fly language/interface switching
- fully skinnable
An MP3 organiser.
Nowodays it's crawling mith MP3 organisers, but when I started MP3base
it was a fairly new concept. And I still like this one the best. Especially
because it's the only MP3 organiser that I know of that can be used without
a screen !
I use MP3 base on a small media-PC in my living room that's hooked up
on the TV.
Offcourse it's silly to turn on the tv evry time you want to play some
music, so MP3base has an audio-feedback mechanism that enables you to
control it with your ears (and using a keybourd or an mouse / X10 remote
You have to hear it! it's pretty cool !
- Complete MP3 organiser with search functions - random DJ
- Auto updates the database using information from ID3 tags, filenames
- Timer en sleeper functions
- Can be controled using X10 commands or can it send X10 commands.
This is really very powerful: X10 is a protocol that can sends commands
to other electronic devices
so you can setup MP3 base to dim te lights an music at 11 PM and to
slowly fade in the music and the lights at 8 AM, while it also activates
the coffee-machine :-) VERY cool.
(offcourse you need some X10 hardware for this)
- Integrated lyric module
- manages playlists and "mood" lists
- integrates seamlessly with Winamp (It's also availlable as Generic
- can be controlled using a remote control like a mouse-remote or an
It's completely written to integrate with my setup and my way of living,
so probably it won't work for you.
Also it's kind of buggy :-)
Also the setup with the audio-feedback and the X10 commands is a bit too
complicated: it works but only if you have all devices lined up correctly
and have all configurations in line. (And keep tracj of your remote controller
Fot this reason: there is no download link at the moment.